Internship – Communications & Marketing
As a small firm working on an international scale, we rely on interns to add creativity and intelligence to our marketing and communication team. We are looking for candidates who are as ready to write and interview as to copy edit and deal with formatting issues. We want people who are passionate about the work and eager to learn. We want doers. Red Balloon Ideas is looking for individuals with experience in communications and marketing to assist with external communication, creation of marketing material, and management of social media platforms. Strong writing skills, creativity, and an interest in both business development and story telling will be beneficial to this position.
- Create content for Red Balloon Ideas’ website and social media platforms at least biweekly, based on the organization’s existing digital communication strategy, including conducting interviews with change agents
- Create and update marketing material, in conjunction with the creative team, including but not limited to brochures, fliers, website copy, and presentations
- Manage press relations, write press releases and pitch RBI success stories to relevant publications
- Assist with writing case studies based on client work, to be used on the website and marketing material
- Work with the Business Development Intern to conduct market research and identify effective ways to build and leverage new client relationships
- Fluency in English
- Excellent writing skills – attention to detail, accuracy, and the art of brevity appreciated
- Previous experience creating communications materials for a business or non-profit
- Ability to be analytical, work independently, and take initiative
- Must work well with people
- Thorough, accurate, organized and efficient work habits.
- Proficiency with Apple-based software a plus (Pages, Keynote, etc)
Interested candidates should submit a sample of work (one brief writing piece and one formatted professional document), along with a statement of interest.